Join
View: 442|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Announcement] Reviewing and removing inactive readers accounts

[Copy link]
Post time: 10-10-2019 22:53:02
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everybody,
There are many readers who are visiting craxme but don't want to follow the conditions they accepted when joined Reading room. Most of the readers are not active in any other section. But every reader should help craxme to become active. Without activity craxme can't survive. Readers have a great library here. But they should contribute to other sections too. So those sections can get quality contents from users.

A forum also need discussions among each other in threads. Communication and interaction is the main purpose.

We will review readers user level as soon as possible and remove inactive readers. If inactive readers want to keep their users group as 'Readers' then particpate and share in other sections which you like.

Soon we wiil give you some options to become active. You can contribute in a section you like most. We will provide details soon.

Craxme Team

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +5 Collapse Reason
Rhett_Bassard + 5 Guilty. Mea culpa. Come after me, but come armed ;)

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 11-10-2019 11:47:34
| Show all posts
Edited by Rhett_Bassard at 11-10-2019 11:51 AM

"...particpate and share in other sections which you like."

Dev, bro
What if I don't like other sections? That is a mathematical probability.
What if I've tried them and could tell you why they have an odor about them ;)
What if I'm content just uploading a mass of books (sadly less than #TheBigThree)?

@Rhett_Bassard, Devil's Advocate

P.S. Pls fix the damn PayPal
P.P.S. This Discuz! editor sux. Look at the spacing on most eBook synopsis (copy/paste).

Rate

seatlawyer + 5 The questions that I'd like to ask

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 11-10-2019 12:12:46
| Show all posts
Image Rhett_Bassard Image 11-10-2019 11:47 AM
"...particpate and share in other sections which you like."

Dev, bro

Hi bro,
It is a matter for some users but not for all. Users can share knowledge in other sections too. That's why we already have related sections. Also we have list of users hobbies. But the problem is content. Enough quality discussions and contents among users can generate interest. So we hope to get help from our users.

If you don't like any other section then you can share your ineterest or what kind of section you want. We need users to freely talk with us. We can create that kind of sections and you can guide other users to join there.

Use magic Report

Post time: 11-10-2019 13:04:34
| Show all posts
Image Rhett_Bassard Image 11-10-2019 01:17 AM
Edited by Rhett_Bassard at 11-10-2019 12:23 AM

"...particpate and share in other sections which y ...

Hi Rhett... Do not worry...

These measures are not aimed at users who share resources, content and/or participate regularly here, but rather, to those users (with Readers level) who have forgotten that this level is granted based on the participation here in the Forum, and that even they had accepted the conditions initially established for the granting of said Readers level.
Additionally, this measure will make it possible to debug (separate the straw from wheat) the Readers user list, since unfortunately some user accounts have been involved in some attacks on the Forum and that affected its proper functioning and harmed users genuinely interested in participating and help this place grow and exist...

Use magic Report

Post time: 12-10-2019 00:02:38
| Show all posts
Image Pedro_P Image 11-10-2019 01:34 AM
Hi Rhett... Do not worry...  

These measures are not aimed at users who share resources, conten ...

I wasn't worried.
But I'm still hoping your partner from #CraxMeCops arrives at my door...

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

Pedro_P + 5 Well, if I wasn't married, I wish that this official woman arrested me and did whatever she wants with me, I plead guilty to all charges. LOL :D

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 18-10-2019 03:17:50
| Show all posts
I usually find myself lost in other sections. To be honest, I don't know much about those sections. So I stick to uploading books or at rare times upload music or poetry. Please lemme know if that is ok or if I need to do more.

Rate

Number of participants 1Money +7 Collapse Reason
Rhett_Bassard + 7 Thnx for being an uploader, a contributor, and generous to others.

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 18-10-2019 03:44:53
| Show all posts
Image purplicious Image 17-10-2019 04:47 PM
I usually find myself lost in other sections. To be honest, I don't know much about those sections.  ...

Hi...
If you share contents and resources in the Forum, then you don't have to worry, CraxMe Forum is very grateful for your support and contribution.
However, if reading and books are your favorite topics, it is also possible to participate in the CraxMe Readers Club section, and exchange ideas and opinions about books, their authors, literature and language and other related topics.

Use magic Report

Post time: 18-10-2019 22:15:12
| Show all posts
Dear Dev & Pedro_P,

Imagine Facebook deleting your account because you never posted something on their market place. Or imagine Google locking you out of their system because you did not find Orkut useful anymore & preferred Facebook over it.

The websites evolve. The people behind the website, for which I have the utmost respect for, responsible for keeping it alive usually have the statistical data about which section is doing better & which is not. And for those sections with low activity numbers needs to checked for the reason why they aren't attracting any users. Is there something that needs to be redesigned? Or is this section really relevant to our purpose of having this website? Facebook had polls on their website. When this was introduced, everyone was in a hurry to create one. They would appear on our feed very often. But now, when was the last time you saw one on your feed? The polling section had a natural death & Facebook couldn't do anything about it although they have kept it alive as an option when making a new post. Similarly, a few sections here doesn't really gel well with the sole purpose, why people join this website.

I am sure everyone has agreed to the t&c just to get access to the ebooks. I am sure that it is the most celebrated section of this website. Although I had posted a few things on audio section & jokes section earlier, they don't really get noticed as much as if I had posted it on Facebook. When someone has a platform, exclusively for such contents, it all boils down to how convenient is it for them. Can this website have an easy UI too? Will it lead to a better activity on the website? You have to wait & watch.

Like @purplicious, I stick to books. And every time I see messages like this one, on the forum, I always feel like I'm under a gun. Many might feel the same way or may be it is just me. It is your right to close the account if there are no activities at all. However, threatening people every now and then to close their account for lack of inactivity in other section is not a good one.

P.S. I mean no insult or believe to be superior above anyone. The above said is my opinion on this subject. You are welcome to reject it or take it as a constructive feedback. Anyway, thanks for the books forum.

Use magic Report

Post time: 18-10-2019 23:37:25
| Show all posts
Editado por Pedro_P en 18-10-2019 01:22 PM
Image arjuns1988 Image 18-10-2019 11:45 AM
Dear Dev & Pedro_P,

Imagine Facebook deleting your account because you never posted something on th ...

Hi...
There are some details that are necessary to review.
Unlike Facebook and Google, who are huge companies with various business lines that generate profits for them, CraxMe forum is a private entrepreneurship that is supported, on the one hand, thanks to voluntary donations and private financing, and on the other hand , thanks to the generous contribution of the users who decide to share resources and content here, and to the users who participate generating activity in the forum. CraxMe forum does not perform lucrative activities unlike facebook and google... And on the other hand, it should be noted that, CraxMe is not a mere repository or book store, CraxMe emerged as a space for the dissemination of knowledge and exchange of ideas and opinions to establish a relationship and mutual intellectual enrichment of all its users, to believe that CraxMe It was created solely to house books, it is a mistake.
In CraxMe various topics are developed that may vary.
However, CraxMe does not close the accounts of inactive users, those users who only take something from this place and without saying just thanks to those who generously share content and resources here.
CraxMe, like other places, has its own policies, which are very few compared to the service conditions of companies such as google and facebook.
Simply, without activity in the forum, CraxMe is doomed to disappear.
If you are someone who appreciates this place and you want it to continue to exist, then you will have to consider helping this place a little, if you have nothing to share, you can even share words, you can participate... If you do not like other topics and only like books, then you can participate in the Readers Club section.
In short, there is always a way to help this place to continue existing.
No one should feel the obligation to participate here, that is not the purpose of this place, rather, Users could feel a little empathy for this place and freely participate to help make this place online the next time they decide to visit it.
Users can participate with a genuine will in any space allocated for that purpose... As I said, if you only like books, there is a space where you can participate and talk about it. No relationship should be established in an unbalanced manner, where only one party obtains benefits at the expense of the other.
Relationships should be free but balanced, if you take something, at least one could give something in return too... It's simple reciprocity, empathy, sense of mutual collaboration. If those values ​​are lacking, a relationship could hardly prosper.
CraxMe thanks a lot to all the good conscious users who help make this place exist, to all those who generously share here, books, apps, etc. even an opinion or comment is welcome.
Finally, as an old and well-known saying goes, «you don't know what you have until you lose it».
Let's not wait to lose this place, just to realize that it was really important to participate.

Use magic Report

Post time: 20-10-2019 00:52:33
| Show all posts
I mostly don't understand how behind-the-scene stuff works. But I think easing-up a little on regulating policies for Video Section will go a long way to increase over-all site activity of users. Nowadays it's almost impossible to get a movie or TV-Series with a clean, single link. They are hidden behind protected links in such a way so that even if we do share the original link, It might lead to pop-ups and ads.

Its just an opinion.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules

Mobile|Dark room|CraxMe UA-106553710-1

15-11-2019 04:56 AM GMT+5.5