Forgot password?
 Join
View: 37|Reply: 2
Collapse the left

[Book Reviews] 15 seconds by Andrew Gross

[Copy link]
Post time: 2-12-2019 18:36:51
| Show all posts |Read mode
I became a fan of Andrew Gross when I read his "The One Man". Great thriller that keeps you hooked till the end and with the historical perspective sounded so real. I thought I will finish all his books in one go. But then, I felt it might be better to read other authors and return back to Andrew Gross.

After nearly a year and half, i picked up "15 seconds" by Andrew Gross. The author did not disappoint would be a big understatement. Great writing and keeps the thrill till the end. Actually this book was published in 2012 before The One Man came in 2016.  

Reference to the book's title is done and dusted even before the first chapter begins. The ride begins after that and keeps you engaged till the last page. Actually, the book coud have been entitled by any other name.

You find two stories running in parallel. You are sure that they are going to intersect somewhere, but not sure where, how and why.

A doctor (who happens to be our hero) lands in a city in Florida and immediately picked up by the Police as a suspect. The policeman who stops him is killed and so is the doctor's friend. You know the hero is being fixed, but no clue as who is doing this and why. He is now on the run from the police. How he manages to escape the police and who helps him to clear his name form rest of the story. Like in any investigative thriller, here also the clues and evidences are released piece by piece and they are put together helps one to appreciate the writing even more.

The second parallel track is of a father who goes about fixing people who he believes destroyed the life of his daughter by making her a drug addict. These portions are really violent.

The portions of the doctor are written in first person and the other parts in normal narration.

The book explains how a person is able to bring out all his energies and willing to enter any territory to protect his loved ones.  

Strong recommendation to read this book for people who enjoy thrillers.

You can find the book here https://www.craxme.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=164

Rate

Number of participants 2Money +23 Collapse Reason
MyraP + 15 Interesting
Rhett_Bassard + 8 Thnx for your participation and contribution.

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 4 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
Thank you for the recommendation.

Use magic Report

Post time: 4 day(s) ago
| Show all posts
I read it and found it made good reading

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Join

Points Rules